Tuesday, November 01, 2005

create newsfeeds for sites that don't have one

crazy about newsfeeds? Well, I am. How could I possibly stay tuned to new stuff on the web without my feed subscriptions. Instead of checking the websites for new articles, I prefer them telling me when there is something interesting.

A lot of websites still don't offer newsfeeds - for different reasons. FeedTier is your friend here, it is still beta, but it analyzes pages you submit and it makes an rss feed from it. Works great if you want to watch e.g. all incoming Jackie Chan DVDs on ebay.

P.S.: I had the identical idea for a project also, but was too busy working on other things. There is also this great misbelief, that we're the only one on the planet who could possibly come up with "this great new idea". What do we learn? You really need to be quick with ideas on the web. Otherwise someone else is bought by Yahoo, Google & Co.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home